Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 6: Technorati & 2.0 thoughts

Worked with Technorati and things went well.
Technorati Profile
In looking at the top searches I recognized some - (eg) YouTube - but there were some I have never seen before. So it could be interesting to see what people are looking at. Often though, I find my interests do not match the most popular searches - which is preferable to me because I honestly do not care about Fergie or Paris Hilton. I thought the list of top blogs was curious. The tags made sense in browsing.

I would agree that the Library 2.0 concept would involve a mindset change in how we approach library services for our patrons. Libraries and their staff, in my opinion, are a diverse group of people to begin with so this is very beneficial in that their varied experiences as well as approaches to challenges would be very broad. This is wonderful for us because we become fluid and adaptive to change. By adding the technology element then we have another means of increasing the quality and level of service we provide. I loved the video clip for "The Machine is Us/ing Us" - a lot to think about and such a great presentation technique. How we are shaping and being shaped in turn.

Dr. Schultz's To a temporary place in time...was interesting to see how she projects things may move with libraries. The idea of collecting librarians and their thoughts as opposed to books themselves. Who knows how we will evolve? Mr. Stephens post is also interesting to me - the user-centered library practice. A little more down-to-earth touch with tech and its applications. I find it all very exciting to think about the future of libraries.

1 comment:

Lindabeekeeper said...

Yes, I found that my interests did not correspond to the Hot topics. But, I am following a few blogs I found on here. I particularly like EcoSherpa. But I know a lot of people who could care less about what people are blogging about.

I also think that Technorati is better than bloglines to track some of the library type blogs. I moved Librarybytes to Technorati for example.

I am enjoying your posts.