Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Week 8: Online Application & Tools

I created my Zoho account today and have begun to explore all of the services offered on the site. It looks really cool and I love that it is all free and offers the chance to break Microsoft's stranglehold on applications. I think the online planning tools will be something I will find useful. Anyone who knows me then knows that I simply love to make lists. So the idea of having an online resource that I can post ideas & lists that I can access anywhere is wonderful news to me.

The thing I really like too is that the documents are stored online so you do not have to carry portable storage devices or notes. Seems like a neat approach to working out ideas and having them being made accessible.

To work on Thing #19 - I selected the music site called "Pandora". It is interesting in that you can essentially create your own radio station to play music selections or genres of music that you like. Seems to be another example of how things are being increasingly more personalized and it is good too that the selections can be shared with others. To consider within a library environment - I guess we could refer patrons to the resource to look for music of their preference. So it would be beneficial from a recreational aspect. I have not explored the site deeply but if it offers very diverse selections then this could be helpful for students in a music course or with supporting library programming.

No comments: