Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio

I have become very familiar with YouTube over the last 6 months or so and just love it. I have learned small things as I used this site and one (for me at least) is to ignore the comments posted below the video content. A majority, not all but many, of them are incoherent rambles and I really use this resource for video content. Wonderful for music performances and to find things thought lost. Can be a lot of fun and even informational. I choose to post a video that was made to honor one of my favorite artists - William Ackerman - really liked the collection of images and the nice cover version of his song. One final comment about YouTube is that it has opened up a venue for people to express creativity which can be a wonderful thing.



Podcasts - Worked with Thing 21 and found the links posted on the Discovery Exercises to be helpful. I did subscribe to several podcasts to my Bloglines account and have enjoyed that feature. Some of the podcasts were radio-based and some TV-based but I would miss them or forget the times they ran. So this is nice to have them sent to me to listen to at anytime or to search the archives. I really am interested to see how these applications can utilized professionally by libraries especially from a training perspective. We could train with librarians throughout the country at our own desk and also share so many resources to better our profession.

Familiar with the resources of NetLibrary and Project Gutenburg because we use them frequently assisting patrons at work. A solid resource and nice to have access to these remotely for our patrons.

No comments: