Friday, June 22, 2007

Week 4: MERLIN

I enjoyed and appreciated all of the information present on the MERLIN site. The only thing I did not like was not there is a delay to get your password. Lots of great resources and information for Maryland libraries - I do want to check out the online learning sections. Subscribed to their feed too. Plan to explore this resource a great deal more.

The search tools that were listed for blogs were helpful but sometimes when I got to them - it just took a few moments to get orientated. I am used to the general search engines and their being a little cleaner to use. The blog searches were sometimes a little crowded - I just wanted a search box and results. It is cool they offer suggestions and other options though. Bloglines and Feedster were my two favorite search tools for blogs. The Topix site was good too but took me a little time to get comfortable with. Previously if I wanted to run searches for blogs then I would Google them just under "blog directories" and follow links. The sites/tools provided did work better and were more focused.

No comments: